venerdì 13 luglio 2007

SBH available for sale!

Recruit your fantasy warriors and fight!

Song of Blades and Heroes is a fast play, skirmish level fantasy miniature system for two or more players. The rules are simple, fast, and above all FUN.

EASY: simple and easy to understand rules that you learn in just one game;
EASY MEASURING: no counting inches or centimeters. SBH uses three measuring sticks to measure all distances and ranges;
FAST: A game lasts 30-45 minutes. Play a mini campaign in a single evening;
INEXPENSIVE: 5-10 models per player are needed;
CONVENIENT: the game needs little space -- a 60x60cm play area is enough. Bring all your armies in a shoe box!
MULTI-SCALE: play with any single based fantasy miniature, in any scale;
HEX-FRIENDLY: play on hex grids if you prefer;
NO WEIRD DICE: SBH uses standard six-sided dice only;
READY TO PLAY: stats for 180+ monsters and heroes are included, and you can create your own!
NO BOOK-KEEPING: SBH is an action point system that requires NO book-keeping and always keeps players on their toes;
HIGH SOLO PLAYABILITY: the SBH mechanics work well in solo play;
CAMPAIGN: with campaign rules, your warband grows more powerful after every battle;
Six basic scenarios included.

SBH is the first of a line of games designed to be quick, inexpensive and requiring very little space.

Skirmish packs of 15mm fantasy miniatures are available from www.splinteredlightminis.com.

Every skirmish pack (Kobolds, Bugbears, Skeletons, Lion-Men, etc) has enough models to build a large warband.

Written and ilustrated by Andrea Sfiligoi (Golem Games on TMP)

To purchase the e-book, please send $4 Paypal payment to andreasfiligoi@gmail.com (you'll be emailed the PDF and the cover files, make sure you have around 4 megabytes of free space in your mailbox).

To purchase the printed book, please visit: www.lulu.com/songofblades

5 commenti:

Jason Hupka ha detto...

I found your product (via Tabletop Gaming News), and was glad to see a Preview of the rules posted at War Game Downloads. It looks like a pretty cool, fast system for $4.

Typically my gaming group played Warhammer Quest for a fantasy gaming fix, but the rules have become pretty monotonous, and the games can become long ("Dangit...wizard rolled a 1 again...more meaningless battle).

BTW, I love the cover, and it'd be cool to see some battle reports on your blog.

Ganesha Games ha detto...

Jason,
unfortunately I am pretty busy with fixing some typos in the Italian edition, posting on the yahoo group and playtesting the new rules in the Companion book (plus finishing to write it and starting to think about a cover!).
In September I'll run a demo table at a con and I'll make sure to take some pictures of it.

Thanks for appreciating the cover, not everyone likes the retro feel but most of the comments have been favorable.

Jason Hupka ha detto...

I'm definitely a sucker for the retro art since I grew up with the old D&D and AD&D books. I really enjoyed the hand-drawn B&W art inside the rules, too. Overall, it's a superb package for a "self-published" ruleset.

Also, it was some of the fastest service I've seen. After sending in my $4 to PayPal, it only took about 15 minutes to get the rules.

Ganesha Games ha detto...

Thanks Jason. I spent something like 4 hours in front of my PC to send all the files to people who bought the rules, and it's still going on. I hope the interest for the game will continue to grow, probably Splintered Light will have a few printed copies to sell at Historicon.

The weakest part in my book is the pagesetting-- I never page-set a book before and I'm just learning now to use InDesign. I kept thinks very simple and used the illustrations to break up the text, I'd like to do better with my next book.

I bought D&D red box when I was 13 (I'm 39 now) so I figure that I pretty much grew up with the same stuff.

Ganesha Games ha detto...

If your group loves dungeon delving they'll definitively like the SBH companion book. BTW I'll need 4-5 playtesters soon...